Your Carinthian hosts are delighted to welcome you back! Finally you can feel and experience freedom again - with a safe holiday on the south side of the Alps. We have compiled useful information on the protective measures in place across gastronomy, hotels, leisure and events for your safe holiday in Carinthia.
A general lockdown has been in effect in Austria since November 22, 2021, 00:00 hours. This lockdown is expected to last until December 12. In the meantime, our Carinthian tourism businesses continue to carefully prepare for a winter season that will start after December 12.
Currently, leaving one's own accommodation is only allowed under certain conditions:
- necessary utilities of daily life
- work and education
- care and assistance for persons in need of support
- to exercise family rights and duties with close relatives and contacts
- health care including the way to vaccination and CoV test
- physical and mental recreation outdoors with close relatives and contact persons
- meeting basic religious needs
- the care of animals
- non-postponable visits to the authorities
- participation in elections and the use of democratic instruments
- prevention of immediate danger to life, limb and property
Special regulation cable cars: Cable cars can also be used for skiing in lockdown with 2G certificate & FFP2 mask.
For the unvaccinated, the curfew restrictions remain in effect after the lockdown ends.